Thursday, July 29, 2010

10 Weeks!

I have been a terrible blogger recently. I can't really blame being busy or anything. It's partly just that this pregnancy has been delightfully smooth so far and so I don't have a lot of venting I need to do. This blog started because I was so frustrated with infertility and felt like I couldn't talk to anyone. I needed an outlet for all my pain and frustration. Now, I am not frustrated and can talk to pretty much anyone about my pregnancy so I just haven't had the need. BUT, I do want to make more of an effort to document this pregnancy and put down all my milestones on paper. So I am going to try to get back to my weekly surveys- with or without pictures. With strange work shifts etc, I've struggled to routinely take my picture every week so I will put it up when I do.

How Far Along?
10 weeks 1 day

Baby's Size?
Well my What to Expect App told me prune but I read strawberry somewhere else which is so much cuter. Apparently since I am now '11 weeks' the babies are on the way to be the size of a lime!

Weight Gain?
As of a week ago, 3 lbs but I'm sure I've gained another lb or two this week. I'm really starting to show- well, I don't think an outsider would think I was pregnant- just getting fat!

Symptoms?
All of them. So ready for the 2nd trimester to hopefully bring some relief. Taking Zofran every day to try and keep the nausea at bay. Terrible heartburn at nights. Other random things- leg cramps, fatigue etc but the nausea and heartburn are the worst.

Cravings?
I rarely feel hungry for anything but I do eat still. Eating bread tends to make me feel better. Apparently it soaks up stomach acid or something like that. Also loving lemonade.

Maternity Clothes?
Most of my pre-pregnancy pants no longer button or they do but feel uncomfortably tight. So I either wear a couple of one size bigger jeans or maternity jeans. Still wearing normal tops. I'm working at GAP for another couple of weeks so I've already stocked up on my maternity wardrobe while I have my discount!

Stretch Marks?
No and I have the cocoa butter stuff I'm going to start spreading on myself to prevent it.

Sleep?
Pretty good at the moment.

Movement?
I can't feel it and won't for many more weeks. But we can see them moving during the ultrasounds. Baby A is super active and wiggles around lots!

Best Moment of the Week?
Seeing the babies yesterday. Baby A had hiccups- so cute!!!

Gender?
I am convinced there is one girl but I don't know if it's one of each or two girls!

What I miss?
Not feeling nausceous. Also our RE has us on sex probation until 12 weeks which is a bit ridiculous but I couldn't live with myself if we did and something happened so we're waiting and that is definitely very old!

What I'm looking forward to?
Hitting 12 weeks. I'm not particularly nervous about things- seeing the babies every week really helps! Still it'll be great to hit that milestone. Also hoping to start feeling better then!

Milestones?
Graduated from the RE (an important milestone but kinda sad- I really like them!)
No more progesterone suppositories- hooray!

Emotions?
I tear up at every touching moment on TV shows. I sometimes feel nervous- less about the pregnancy and more like 'omg, we're going to have TWO infants in our house in 6 months'. But the overwhelming emotion I feel is happiness and joy and intense LOVE for my two amazing babies.

1 comment:

  1. Great update - glad to hear everything's going so well.

    ReplyDelete